Brian Ahearn, CPCU, CTM, CPT, CMCT
Brian Ahearn is a dynamic international keynote speaker, author, coach and consultant. He specializes in applying the science of influence in everyday situations.
He is one of only a dozen individuals in the world who currently holds the Cialdini Method Certified Trainer® (CMCT) designation and one of just a handful to have earned the Cialdini Pre-suasion Trainer® (CPT) designation.
These specializations in the psychology of persuasion were earned directly from Robert Cialdini, Ph.D., the most cited living social psychologist in the world on the science of ethical influence. Brian is also a Competent Toastmaster and a Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter.
Passion and Experience
Brian’s passion is to help you achieve greater professional success and enjoy more personal happiness. He does this by teaching you how to ethically move others to action using the science of influence. Always looking to perfect his presentation skills, Brian does improv comedy and occasional acting. This enables him to have fast-paced, lively, and engaging presentations.
A cum laude graduate of Miami University, Brian has been in the business arena for more than 35 years and training people for over two decades. In addition to his influence, sales, and leadership work, Brian has been a business coach to regional vice presidents, sales managers, field sales reps, and wealth advisors.
Writing and Training
Named one of the Top 100 Influencers of 2016 by the Science of Digital Marketing, Brian’s blog has readers in 200 countries and was one of the Top 30 Psychology Blogs of 2012 according to the Online Psychology Degree Guide.
Brian’s first book – Influence PEOPLE: Powerful Everyday Opportunities to Persuade that are Lasting and Ethical – was an Amazon bestseller and named one of the Top 100 Influence Books of All Time by BookAuthority. His second book, Persuasive Selling for Relationship Driven Insurance Agents, was an Amazon new release bestseller. His latest book is The Influencer: Secrets to Success and Happiness.
In addition to his writing, Brian’s LinkedIn Learning courses on how to apply influence in sales and coaching have been viewed by more than 500,000 people around the world.
Personal and Family
Brian enjoys physical activity and travel. In his younger days he was a competitive bodybuilder. When he decided to put the weights down, he took up running and twice qualified for the historic Boston Marathon. An avid martial artist, he’s a 2nd degree black belt in Taekwondo.
A Scotch lover, to celebrate their 30th anniversary Brian and Jane spent three weeks in Scotland. Their daughter Abigail is an American Sign Language interpreter.
Brian is pictured with his new son-in-law Tyler, Abigail, and Jane.
Brian has helped the following organizations
Insurance clients include…
Outside of insurance, clients include…
- Sun Life Financial – Canada
- American Axle & Manufacturing – Mexico
- Canadian Wealth Strategies – Canada
- Department of Defense
- JP Morgan Chase
- International Business Brokers Association
- National Glass Association
- RR Donnelley Worldwide
- Honor Capital
- Veloxis Pharmaceuticals
- Big Brother, Big Sisters of Central Ohio
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- The Ohio State University
- Vanderbilt University
- Miami University
- Franklin University
- The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Integrated Leadership Systems
- Human Resources of Central Ohio
- Arizona School Administrators
- Central Ohio Coaches
- Ohio Recruiters Association
- Live Oak Resource Partners
- Redbrick Health
- Innovate New Albany
What are clients saying about Brian?
- Acuity Insurance
- MMG Insurance
- Grange Insurance
- Westfield Insurance
- GuideOne Insurance
- Frankenmuth Insurance
- Columbia Insurance Group
- Indiana Farmers Insurance
- The Hanover Insurance Group
- Main Street America Insurance Group
- Independent Insurance Agents of Texas
- The Council of Insurance Agents & Brokers
- National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies
- Missouri Association of Independent Agents
- Ohio Insurance Agents Association
- Association of Wyoming Insurance Agents
- Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado
- Insurance Board of Northern Ohio
- Society of Insurance Trainers and Educators
- CPCU Society (Cleveland Chapter)
- Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of Arizona
- Assurex Global
- Frost Insurance
- Bouvier Insurance
- BancFirst Insurance
- Goosehead Insurance
- Keystone Insurers Group
- First State Insurance Agency
- Sinclair Risk and Financial Management
- Southwest Insurance Agency Alliance
- Agency Support Network of America
- Powers Insurance & Risk Management
- Valley Insurance Agency Alliance
- Continental Insurance Agency Alliance
- Burkhardt Insurance
- Chicagoland SIA