If you’ve been a reader of Influence PEOPLE for any length of time Sean Patrick is a familiar name to you. Sean is my good friend from Ireland who is in the sales training arena like I am. Sean is going to give you insight into Split Second Selling in this month’s Influencers from Around the World Series.
influencepeopleHelping You Learn to Hear “Yes”.
- Target your contacts; e.g., HR, FD, CEO, CIO, etc.
- Research your contacts perceived pain points and vertical market trends
- Grab a piece of paper and write out a quick two sentence introduction that you can insert into the friend request that is relevant to person and pain point (hence the research)
- Now think about what you can give to them that is relevant to your research in order for them to increase the likelihood of saying YES to your following request.
- Send friend requests to each and every contact you wish to do business with while ensuring you insert your offer to give in order to receive; e.g., Whitepaper, invitation to a breakfast briefing but make sure the gift is relevant.
- When you have identified your new contacts (the ones that came back to you), repeat, but this time asking for their work email address. See examples below of how I use this effectively and tell them you have more important information to share. By this time, this is when I start receiving DDI and cell numbers to have actual selling conversations, but go to the next step when this doesn’t happen for you.
- Once I have sent at least two emails to my target contacts, I then proceed to call those contacts that hadn’t come back to me. I remind them on the call that I am the person who sent them valuable information that I thought pertinent to share with them and ask them straight out when they can book a time to either see me or commit to a phone call. Before I end the call, I repeat our next appointment out loud and ask them for the last time if this is definitely OK with them.
Are you interested to find out how companies who have discovered X, have benefited from Y that has given them Z. Please add me if interestedI would like to offer you a white paper on how companies like yours have benefitted from X! Please add me if you want to learn how. Please ignore if not appropriate or add me to find out.I’m currently networking with people similar to you that work within your vertical because I can give you new information on how to X that results in Y.
- If your last name starts with a letter between A and I click here for your survey: Survey A
- If your last name starts with a letter between J and Z click here for your survey: Survey B